Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to hug a Vampire? (Not your favorite Movie)



The fight scene started when Dr. Carlisle Cullen's head was cut by Volturi's leader Aro, and yes i think the people who watched the movie knew exactly what i am talking about (spoiler alert!!). Vampires of old movies are scary, they exists only to kill someone and suck their blood.

Creepy isn't it?

But wait there's more!

Do you know that real life vampires exists?

Yes you read it right! "Vampires" exists in reality.

Not the one you see in the movie, but the people around you that suck the life out of you.. Here's few examples:

1. People who always demand their rights, but denied their responsibilities.
2. People who don't follow through their commitments.
3. People who talks so much, and listen so little.
4. People who excuse their own issues but always picks out the flaws of others.
5. People who freak out when faces the slightest inconvenience.
6. People who don't want to put in much effort, but want's awesome results.
7. People who keep bragging about their accomplishments but kinda slow to acknowledge their deficiencies, and slow to give credit to people who help them.
8. People who constantly complaints so much about their situation, while there's so much people who would love to trade places with them.

The list can go on if you'd like to..

I use to hate this kinds of people.. Period...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Tuesday night, i am about to start my cell group with my two disciples. I am reading the book of Romans chapter 12 of the bible, when suddenly, it hits me hard, when God made me realized that what i just wrote above is not a blog introduction, but more of a self assessment. It turns out, that when i use the idea of vampires(life suckers), God made me think that the number one life sucking and blood sucking person in my life is none other than my self. I am my own brand of vampire, "me sucks", i am a life sucker.. and i realized that, "loving the people who sucks the life out of you, starts with realizing how much you suck too.." you may agree and you may be hurt, but either way it is true.. I often suck people's blood by giving them burden, complaining about what i have, and so on. But the worst part of it is, i keep sucking the precious blood of Him Who died for me.. Him Who's grace is sufficient. I am a vampire and i suck so much. I agree with what Paul says: What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! (Romans 7:24-25). Very true, God is OUR only way, and i will say it again ONLY way. Not just way to heaven, but the only way to make this life worth living. How to hug a vampire? it starts with realizing how much we suck, realizing how much ungrateful are we. We don't own this life, we are ransomed, and we are bought. 

A change of perspective. 

I pray unity for all church leaders, youth leaders and members. That we may not suck each others blood, but support each other in every step we make. I have a very close friend, who has doctrinal beliefs that i must say i don't usually agree with, but we never fought about it, and in fact we are both respecting each other, and tend to share secrets. 

Let's stop being Vampire, and let's move. All for God's glory.

Kudos to Pastor Steven Furtick!

Read the Part 2 here

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful switch and I agree with the vampire existence. Let's call it CVS or Christian Vampirism Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete