Saturday, March 24, 2012

Welcome to the iGeneration



It's already 3:57 am and i still can't sleep, my goodness. I will be the service director today in our church whew!

I turned my PC on and opened my browser. Welcome to the iGeneration.. Yes! "iGeneration" the word "i" is an acronym for "internet", and almost every device nowadays has a internet enabled capabilities. In all honesty, as a person, i really don't know if i can still survive without internet. Yes indeed, internet made a major impact to the people's lives, but just like any other things in this world, it can be use for bad and it can also be use for good. When i checked my facebook page, i saw different "nonsense" status from different friends (well majority of them are not really my friends, they are just connected to me, for some reason). I posted a status before stating "person's IQ level of thinking can be measured by their facebook status". And up to now i still believe in that.

iGeneration - a generation of "i", meaning selfishness, me, me and me... always pointing to themselves. "i" want it, "i" deserve it, "i" need it, "i" crave for it, and "i" want to be like that, isad, ipad, ipod, iphone, imad, ibad. Everything has an "i".

How much time do you spend checking your facebook, twitter, youtube, or email? how much time do you spend playing? and how much often do you chat with your friends? think about it...

Internet is not bad at all, i just want people to think of more ways on how we can use the internet in a more productive manner. I hope we can use it, to share the good news, honor people, posting bible verses, posting encouraging videos and more positive things.

As Christians we are commanded to be the salt and the light of the earth, what difference can we make? i hope that this simple blog will be a reminder for a so-called Christians to step up and be different. Remember that we honor God in everything we do, even in posting simple messages or statuses in our fb account.

I think by changing our ways of using those "iDevices" we can definitely make a big difference. Why not get an bible app for your iPhone? or a podcast/video of lifechurch.tv preaching on your "iPod"? or get a sherwood movies on your iPad? Instead of using those things for bad, change your way by using it for good. Use it to generate income, instead of talking to nonsense apps like simsimi or playing and making your self bored slashing those fruits on fruit ninja. Let's be a generation builders and not time wasters.

I hope we can iBuild character, iBuild attitude, iBuild friendship, iBuild broken relationships, and most importantly iRepent, iAccept Christ and iShare the Gospel. So we can iWalk with Him and iKnow Him more :)

Because Jesus said: iDied for you, so we can say iLive for Him ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment